HEALTH & WELLNESS
Good health is defined as Complete Coordination of Body, Mind and Soul.
Health is a condition (mental and physical) in which the individual is functionally well adjusted internally with respect to body parts and externally with his environment. In a broader perspective Physical Education and health education are mutually interdependent.
Objectives of Health clubs and Physical Education
Health Wellness Club at Apple Global School aims to favourably influence the habits’ attitude and knowledge relating to an individual student and the AGS community.
Physical Education caters to provide physical fitness which an important component of wellness. Apple Global School has introduced activities like Dance, yoga, sports and clubs like wellness, cuisine clubs, Nutritional Educational club etc. Physical Education supplement the activities of the health and Wellness clubs by providing opportunities for physical exercise which activates pituitary glands and hypothalamus secreting ‘feel good’ hormones. These hormones also have the capacity to reduce pains and improve the Sense of well being.
The aim of AGS is to provide students with knowledge, skills, capacities, values and the enthusiasm to mould a healthy lifestyle into adulthood. Health and Wellness Club will plan their activities keeping in view the key element for building a healthy Campus.
Following diversified health promoting activities have been planned at AGS
• Light exercise early in the morning
• Basic health screening from time to time.
• Imparting information about various diseases prevailing in a particular duration of year and various preventive steps.
• Providing nutritional and nutrient rich food items in school canteen.
• Conducting first aid classes to impart basic information and application of first aid.
• Engaging students for about 30 minutes in any physical activity of choice from plethora of options like football, skating, basketball, kho-kho, judo, badminton, handball, table tennis etc.
• Celebration of different food days to promote habit of intake of all types of nutritious food items.
• Conducting various workshops on Adolescent Education Programmes and dealing with their emotional problems.
• Maintaining ideal body weight